Do you need support with health and safety?
ABR Safety can help you.
I provide practical health and safety solutions and safety training.
Everyone should be able to work in a safe environment and then go home safely at the end of the day.
I am passionate about protecting people and ensuring your business is legally compliant.
Health and safety is important, but so is running your business or operation. By taking the time to understand your working environment and listening to you, I work with you to provide and implement practical and manageable solutions that solve your risk and safety needs.
Based in Swindon, I work with a diverse client base across the South, including London, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Gloucestershire and Devon.
I am working with clients in a variety of sectors, including:
- Business Supplies
- Estate Management, including shooting
- Marine/boat operations
- Safety Training
- Outdoor events
- Local sporting activities and events
Many will know me from my logistics background, where I held a number of senior operational roles.
Working for blue chip companies and smaller SMEs, has given me first hand experience of the challenges faced by businesses and operations when managing health and safety.
I have worked in organisations that have highly positive safety cultures and routinely demonstrate best practice and continuous improvement. I have also had experience of developing positive culture and leading change initiatives to introduce teams to what good/best practice looks like.
Forming ABR Safety Ltd
Forming ABR Safety Ltd, enables me to:
- Share my passion for protecting people in the work environment.
- Use my experience to provide reasoned and practical health and safety solutions that solve your business needs.
- Draw on my operational management, hence providing solutions which avoid unnecessary burdens or restrictions on how you operate.
- Help promote a culture where everyone has the ability to make positive decisions which influence their safety and that of others.
Services and skills
- Retained / Dedicated Advisor – This service gives you the advantage of your own expert health and safety advisor, without the associated on going employment costs. //abrsafety.co.uk/services/retained-dedicated-advisor/
- Consultancy and Audit Support – Consultancy and audit support can be given on an adhoc or short to medium term basis. It can be for a specific audit or task or as part of a wider risk management project. //abrsafety.co.uk/services/consultancy-and-audit/
- Training – Training courses are tailored to your environment and working methods so people can relate the principles to their individual working situations. //abrsafety.co.uk/services/training/
I provide support across a wide variety of areas and include:
- Health and safety policy reviewing and writing
- Risk Assessments
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Safety Management Systems
- Safety Auditing
- Accident Investigation and Reporting
- Safe systems of work
Health and safety has to be a serious subject, but it can be fun. I believe to gain a high levels of engagement it needs to be presented in an interesting and, at times, fun way.
Honest and straight talking, I pride myself on my integrity and enthusiasm.
I am NEBOSH qualified and currently working towards the National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
Outside of work I enjoy swimming, cycling and running and spending time with my family. I also volunteer as a coach at a local athletics club.
If you would like support with your health and safety compliance, or just some initial free advice, I would be delighted to talk to you.
Please contact Andy on:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07977 178193