Swindon Borough Council & HSE to conduct COVID-19 spot checks
Working in partnership, the council and HSE intend to carry out regular unannounced spot checks of local businesses. These include shops, warehouses, distribution sites and supermarkets.
There are three stages to the checks:
- The HSE will contact the business to understand the measures in place to manage the risks of the risks of the pandemic.
- Visit to business by health and safety practitioners, if there are concerns. The H&S practitioners will offer practical advice and guidance.
- If the business is still non compliant after a visit, they will enter the final stage of checks and will be passed back to the Council’s Enforcement team to undertake the relevant enforcement action.
Officers will take immediate action where businesses are not adequately managing the risk of transmission. These actions include, giving specific advice, issuing enforcement notices, and stopping unsafe practices. Businesses that continue to fail to comply could potentially be prosecuted.
Common issues being found nationally include:
- Failing to provide arrangements for monitoring, supervising, and maintaining social distancing
- Failing to introduce adequate cleaning regime, particularly during busy times of the day
The Council are urging businesses who are contacted to cooperate with officers, and action advice immediately in order to help prevent the spread of coronavirus in Swindon.
Need some advice or support?
ABR Safety are here to offer advice and support.
For a no obligation free chat, please contact Andy on 07977 178193 or via the contact form.
Even if you just want to check what you have in place is sufficient, contact Andy and he will be pleased to talk to you.
If required, support and advice can be given with COVID-19 specific risk assessments, addendums to existing risk assessments, and best practice operating and cleaning procedures.
Had a visit by an enforcing officer?
Andy can give support and advice with follow up actions and procedures, and support with any potential follow up visits.
For more information:
About how ABR Safety can support – read more.
For a copy of the Government guidelines, visit: www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
About ABR Safety Limited:
Andy Rhoades started ABR Safety Limited in 2016, following a career in logistics operational management and heath and safety. He understands what it is like to have competing priorities, as a business owner or manager.
He won’t baffle you with health and safety jargon. Instead, will give you peace of mind, knowing that everything is covered. Allowing you to take care of your business.
Andy is an accredited IOSH training provider, delivering the highly regarded IOSH Managing Safely course.
With a broad customer base, across a wide variety of businesses across the south, ABR Safety Limited is well placed to support with your health and safety needs.
|For more information or support contact Andy on 07977 178193, or email email@example.com|