ABR Safety’s Racking Inspection Training course is for employees who have a responsibility for pallet racking within your business. It is delivered as an in house course and gives the delegates a knowledge of pallet racking systems and how to keep them safe through inspections. On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to perform basic racking inspections that conform with all relevant SEMA guidelines.
Why Do Racking Inspection Training?
In accordance with health and safety law (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998) work equipment, including pallet racking, should be regularly and thoroughly inspected.
On completion of this course, delegates will understand the hazards and risks associated with pallet racking and how to conduct a regular and basic rack inspection that conforms with SEMA guidelines.
Benefits of Racking Inspection Training
The benefits of training employees to conduct racking inspections include:
- Legal compliance to health and safety legislation, notably, the PUWER 1998 regulations
- Enables cost effective in house racking inspections to be conducted
- Promotes safe working practices within your operation
- Inspections conducted in accordance to SEMA guidelines
- Improved efficiency within your operation through a reduction in damages and cost of repairs
The course covers the following:
- Legal responsibilities
- Racking configuration and components
- Types of damage and associated risks
- How to conduct and inspection and the SEMA tolerances and guidelines
- Practical demonstration and practise inspection exercises
- Reduction and prevention of damage
The Racking Inspection Training is a half day course and has the benefit of being tailored towards your business and working environment. ABR Safety can fit around the demands of your business, while being flexible in terms of where and when you train.
For more information about this course contact Andy on 07977 178193 or via our on line form.
Please note: You are advised that as well as conducting internal inspections, the HSE recommends having a racking inspection by a SEMA approved racking inspector (a SARI) at least once a year.