Does your team have sufficient knowledge and confidence to identify and manage the risks and hazards in your business?
If the answer is no or your team would benefit from some additional training, ABR Safety can help you.
Recently approved as an Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) training provider, ABR Safety delivers engaging and interactive courses to suit your business needs.
One of the most popular is the IOSH Managing Safely course.
IOSH Managing Safely is a nationally recognised and respected training course, providing delegates with the skills and knowledge they need to manage health and safety within their teams.
Designed for managers and supervisors in any organisation or sector, ABR Safety deliver the course with an interactive and engaging style and with a practical business focus.
- Delegates gain the knowledge, tools and confidence to manage safety and health within their teams
- Improved awareness and why managing safety and health is an essential part of the job
- Qualified safety professionals are an asset to your organisation, reducing costs by preventing accidents and ill health of employees
- The course can be delivered in flexible time slots that suit your business
- Successful delegates are awarded a nationally recognised certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the world’s largest health and safety organisation and the only Chartered body for health and safety professionals
- This certificate offers a distinct advantage to anyone holding or seeking a managerial or supervisory position
- Builds confidence across your organisation (employees and stakeholders) in health and safety best practice and safe working environments
- Delegates do not need previous experience or knowledge of health and safety
- The course is aimed at managers and supervisors in all industries
- Training is engaging and interactive, with a practical business focus
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate awarded to successful candidates
This course comprises of seven modules:
- Introducing Managing Safely – Covering accountabilities and responsibilities, whilst making a persuasive case for managing safely.
- Assessing risks – Introducing and defining ‘risk’, what is a risk assessment and delegates get to work through practical examples and exercises in completing a risk assessment.
- Controlling risks – Looks at the different options available to reduce risks within your business and how to decide which is the right method to use.
- Understanding responsibilities – An overview of the demands of the law and the criminal and civil legal systems and the different types of guidance available. It also introduces delegates to the key parts and benefits of a safety and health management system.
- Understanding hazards – Covering all the main hazards a business can experience and what you can do about them.
- Investigating incidents – This module explains why incidents should be investigated. It looks at the immediate, underlying and root causes of incidents and how to carry out an investigation when things go wrong.
- Measuring performance – How checking performance can help to improve safety and health. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators, how to conduct audits and the difference between proactive and reactive measures.
There is a course assessment on the final day, which is designed to evaluate the delegates’ understanding of basic health and safety. This is a written paper of 30 multi-format questions.
Delegates also need to submit a practical risk assessment project.
ABR Safety can offer flexible options that suit your business:
In House Training:
The training is delivered over 3 days and has the benefit of being more tailored towards your business environment. ABR Safety can fit around the demands of your business while being flexible in terms of where and when you train.
Delivered in Swindon, over 3 days, with delegates from other business, with plenty of opportunity to share experiences and ideas amongst the group.